Sunday, September 16, 2012

Put On your Seatbelts...

We have a very busy academic week ahead of us.

I have a great big thank-you to give to the moms of Ethan, James, and Reagan! These amazing ladies came in and helped each child make their own dirt baby last week.  I will post a slideshow of our fun time together.  I am sure you have all heard all about your child's dirty baby.  My favorite quote from that day happened when when we were watering them good before putting them in the window to get some sun.  When I handed a child her dirt baby, she leaned over and kissed the top of the dirt head and said, "I love you my dirt child!"  Oh, how I love spending my day with your precious children!  :)
I want to give you a heads-up that once the dirt babies grow a lot of "hair" they will come home with your child to be dressed up as anything your child would like.  Then they will bring them back to share with the class.

The JUST GIVE campaign is going great.  I wanted to make sure you understand that the money doesn't have to be turned in until November 1st.  The only thing your child needs to turn in right now is the sheet saying whether or not your child will be bringing in money.  The money is based on donations, and all of the money will go toward the school.  Even if your child isn't bringing in money, they still need to return the sheet.  If we were doing fund raisers Blount would only receive a small percentange.  Hopefully this campaign will replace fund raisers for us this year.  I know as a parent, I love this idea! Your child may ask grandparents or anybody else that may be interested in helping our school.

I will be sending home several Scholastic book orders Monday.  If you want to order, they are due by this Friday, September 21st.  I will also include a letter letting you know how to order online if you would like.  If you are more comfortable filling out the forms and sending them in, that is fine also.  Please remember that you only have to send in one check to Scholastic even if you order from several different ones.  I will place the order Friday afternoon so please don't send any in after Friday.  Also, only send a check to Scholastic.  I can't mail them cash.

I know some of you are still waiting on Spirit Wear and books from the author visit.  I will get those to your child as soon as they are given to me.  I believe we are waiting on an order to come in for more Spirit Wear.  They are very quick about getting those passed out once they have them.

Your child will bring home a Science Vocabulary study guide Monday.  Please have them review it for a test Tuesday.  We will play a big review game Monday that will have them very familiar with these vocabulary words.  Please review the words with your child Monday night to make sure they are prepared.  There are only 8 words, and these are already very familiar to them.

If our schedule goes as planned, we will be ready to test on Chapter 1 in Math this Wednesday.  Your child will bring home a review sheet for homework Tuesday night.  Please make sure he or she is very comfortable with it in order to be prepared for the test.

Our Social Studies map test will be this Friday.  This test will be on the 7 continents and 4 bodies of water.  Your child brought home a study guide map to prepare for this test a while back.

Shew, I told you we have a busy week! :)

Story: A Walk in the Desert
Genre: Expository Nonfiction
Phonics: Inflected Endings
Comprehension Skill: Main Idea and Details
Coprehension Strategy: Text Structure
Grammar: Statement and Questions

Please email me if you have any questions or concerns.  Have a super week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment