Friday, November 18, 2011

I LOVE spending my day with a room full of precious children that LOVE to read!

We sure did have a fantastic week celebrating American Education Week.  I was so proud to have every single person in Room 124 participating in all of the activities throughout the week.  I have to say that my favorite day was Career Day.  I already knew I had a room full of world changers, but I sure did love having a look into their very bright futures.  They also showed just how brave and patient they are as we endured the longest time I have ever spent in the hallway for bad weather.  Thank goodness we had good books to pass the time! Also a first, we ate our lunch in the hallway.  I am very thankful we were all safe that day.
A great big thank you to all of the moms that came and shared books with us as well.  The kids LOVED this time, and I hope we get to do it again.  Thank you!

A letter came home to you about a Holiday Shop that we will have to do some Christmas shopping at Blount.  Please discuss with your child what you would like for them to do.  I will tell you that the kids take a lot of pride in being able to do their own shopping for people that are special to them.  The prices are also very reasonable for young shoppers.  I still have a treasure that my son gave me last year that he purchased from the shop. 

Thanks for all of the items that were sent in for the Adopt a Troop program we participated in.  I can't think of a better way to enter the Holiday Season than by showing your kids the importance of helping others.

Story: Dear Juno
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Phonics: Long o: o, oa, ow
Comp. Skill: Draw Conclusions
Comp. Strategy: Visualize
Grammar: Verbs with singular and plural nouns

In Math we will finish up Chapter 9 and test on it Wednesday, November 30th.  Please go over the review sheet with your child to make sure they are comfortable with it.  We have been doing very well with regrouping. 

Don't forget to practice math facts.  There are some excellent web sites on the side of this page that would be very helpful.

If at any time you would like to sit down and discuss the progress of your child, please just send me an email and we will set up a time right away. 

A book order is coming home Monday, Nov. 28th and it will be due back Friday, Dec. 2nd.  Remember that you can write one check for all of the orders if you order from more than one catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment