Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

We have a busy and exciting week ahead of us! I hope to have all of my 2nd grade friends back and feeling better this week! The sickness bug hit our room last week.  I sanitized and cleaned everything before I left Friday.  I am hoping any germs trying to hang around are gone now. 

Our room moms have been working hard to prepare a wonderful party for the class.  If you haven't sent in your money, please get that in by Monday.  They are very organized, and want to have everything taken care of.  Also, if you are available to come in a little early and help with some stations, please email me.  I know several of you have other kids that have parties as well.
Our Party is this Thursday, December 19th 1:45-2:30.

I will be sending a note about this Friday.  We are going to do something a little different.

This week is the last week of this nine weeks for the kids.  We are going to finish up Chapter 5 in Math with 2-digit Subtraction.  Please check your child's homework and make sure they are showing all of the steps on the problems.  When they regroup they need to show both of the new numbers at the top.  It is so important that your child is comfortable with all of the steps.  I am going to send the review for the chapter home this Tuesday.  We will take the test Wednesday, but I am not counting it as a test grade for this nine weeks. 

Story this week: Rosa and Blanca
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Phonics: Long i: I, ie, igh, y
Comp. Skill: Theme and Plot
Comp. Strategy: Predict
Grammar: More about Verbs

We have been having so much fun crafting and celebrating this time of the year.  A great big thanks to all of you that have been able to help us! Last week we were so fortunate to have Josh's grandmother join us for a very special craft.  Mrs. Belinda is a retired art teacher that came all the way from Huntsville to share some of her talent with us.  We loved having a true artist in our midst! She thought everybody was so well behaved! She told the kids that 2nd grade was her favorite grade to teach.  I couldn't agree with her more! The kids are already asking if she's going to come back again! I will post a slideshow of our time together.  Next week I will post a slideshow of all of our Christmas fun once I have our party pictures.

Please check the right side of this blog for important dates.

Email me with any questions you may have.  I am so thankful for you and your family! I hope you are enjoying this wonderful season together.







No comments:

Post a Comment