Sunday, October 20, 2013

Red Ribbon Week

I LOVE THE BLOUNT PTA! I hope you enjoyed the Fall Festival as much as my family did.  I am so thankful the rain held off and we were able to have a fantastic night.  I appreciate just how hard our PTA works to make sure that Blount has amazing experiences that are so much fun for our kids.  It took a whole lot of hard work out of a whole lot of people!

Make sure you follow the schedule that came home last week for each thing we are doing to celebrate Red Ribbon Week. 

Your child brought home a Social Studies Project last week.  The project is due October 30th.  Please make sure your child follows the directions and notices the Rubric that will be used to grade it.  Your child will also turn in the 2nd sheet along with their State Box on the due date.

A great big thank you to Daniel's mom for typing up our class directory.  Your child brought it home last week. 

I have several activities that I would love to do with a pumpkin.  If any of you are able to donate one to our class please email me.  Also, if any of you are available to help us cook pumpkin seeds this Friday in the afternoon please let me know. 

Spirit Night is Monday, October 21st at Texas Roadhouse.

Your child will receive new Vocabulary words this week in Science. 

I am planning to test on Chapter 3 in Math this Thursday.  I can't stress to you enough just how important it is to have your child do the review the night before.  This way you are able to see if there is anything your child needs further practice with.

Story: Turtle's Race with Beaver
Genre: Folk Tale
Phonics: r-controlled vowels -er, ir, -ur
Comp. Skill: Sequence
Comp. Strategy: Summarize
Grammar: Singular and Plural Nouns

Please don't forget to check your child's binder nightly, and sign the Reading Log.

Have a SUPER week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment