Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pure Excitement in Room 124!

I know you've already heard all about them, but our caterpillars are here and we could not be more excited! If you'd like to come in before school and meet your child's new pet you are welcome to.  We are going to be pretty excited tomorrow to see how much they have eaten and grown over the weekend.  They were quite small when we got them.  I have loved watching your children talk to their caterpillar and take care of it.  The funniest thing I have seen so far was when a student told me that she had taught her caterpillar commands.  Then she proceeded to show me how well her caterpillar obeys as she tapped the side of her cup and told her caterpillar to "Fall Down!"  :)  I sure do love spending my day with your children!

Don't forget the PTA meeting Monday, April 8th at 6:00. 

Story this Week: The Signmaker's Assistant
Genre: Humorous Fiction
Phonics: Vowels aw, au, augh, al
Voc. Strategy: Word Structure
Comprehension Skill: Realism and Fantasy
Comprehension Strategy: Monitor and Fix Up
Grammar: Contractions

Math: Chapter 9 Length in Metric Units

We are going to be doing a Read Aloud with the book How to Eat Fried Worms.  If I have a volunteer that would like to make us some chocolate covered "worms" to go along with a writing activity we will be doing, please let me know.  I have a recipe I can send you, and it is extremely easy. 





250 POINT CLUB! WAY TO GO PIA! READ ON!!



No comments:

Post a Comment