Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Party this Week

Parents,

I just wanted to assure you that your child's safety and well being is always my greatest priority.  As a mom, this weekend I hugged my kids a little tighter and spent a lot less time sweating the small stuff.  I am having a hard time wrapping my 39 year old mind around the events that took place in Conneticut.  I honestly don't see how a 7 or 8 year old could process any of it.  That being said, I feel like it is your decision as to how much your child does or does not know about what happened.  I do not plan on addressing this with the class.  If I have individual kids that know about it and want to talk about it, I will be glad to talk to them privately. 
I plan on loving your child and making our room a happy, safe place for learning to take place.  We have a very busy, fun week ahead of us.  Please email me with any questions or concerns you may have.  Thank you for always supporting our classroom.

shifting gears.... :)

Please don't forget to send in the item that you signed up to bring for the Christmas party this Thursday.  Our party is going to start closer to 1:45 because the kids are with Mr. Darby until then.  Please feel free to join us.  Thank you all so much for helping to make this a great time for the kids.  Also a huge thank you to our room moms for all of their hard work.  Thanks a ton Mrs. Scafe and Mrs. Carney!!!

We are in great need of anti-bacterial wipes for our classroom.  We are completely out, and this is not the time to be without! It wouldbe great if everybody could bring in one each.  You would be surprised how often we use these, especially during flu season. 

Story this week: Rosa and Blanca
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Phonics: Long i: i, ie, igh, y
Comprehension Skill: Theme and Plot
Comprehension Strategy: Predict
Grammar: More about verbs

Math: We will continue with chapter 5 and regrouping.  Please make sure your child is practicing regrouping at home.  The kids have been doing a great job with it! This skill is extremely important for them to understand completely.

Have a super week!


No comments:

Post a Comment