Sunday, October 21, 2012

Busy Week Ahead!

We are celebrating Red Ribbon Week this week at Blount.  Your child brought home a paper this past Friday telling you everything we are doing during the week. 

The Book Fair is coming!  We are scheduled for a preview day this Thursday and then shopping will begin this Friday.  It will continue until Thursday, November 1st.  Your child brought home a brochure telling you about it last week.  This year they aren't able to take credit cards from parents, they will only be accepting cash or checks.  I can send your child each day they have money at designated times to shop. 

Our Field Trip to The Alabama Dept. of Archives and History is this Thursday.  I am so sad that I have 8 parents that want to go, but we can only have 2 from each class.  To be fair, I took the first two forms that were in my mailbox and they were from Coco and Jordan.  I will email you moms more specifics. 

We are going to be cooking pumpkin seeds this Friday if any of you would like to join us for that.  We have plenty of room for you in our classroom! Please email me if you want to join us Friday.  I would love for one of you to carve a -2nd- into our pumpkin for us, if you have this talent that I am lacking!

We finished the first nine weeks this past Friday.  Your child will receive their report card at dismissal this Thursday.  We are starting the new nine weeks tomorrow. 

What an amazing time we had at the Fall Festival! I know the PTA is so appreciative of everything you did to contribute to this great night.  I would love to give a great big thank-you to Kathleen's mom for heading up such a perfect night! I heard about it all day Friday.  I would say a good time was had by all.

Story: Turtle's Race with Beaver
Genre: Folk Tale
Phonics: r-controlled vowels -er, -ir, -ur
Comprehension Skill: Sequence
Comprehension Strategy: Summarize
Grammar: Singular and Plural Nouns
Math: Chapter 3 Addition and Subtraction

Please email me with any questions you may have.  Also let me know if at any time you would like to sit down for a conference.

Classroom Need: HP ink cartridges 96 black and 97 tri-color

Have a SUPER week!

No comments:

Post a Comment