Sunday, August 21, 2011

Spectacular 2nd Graders!!!

I had such a fantastic time meeting every amazing 2nd Grader that is going ot be in Rooom 124 this year! Thank you for coming to Meet the Teacher night. 

This blog will be updated every weekend as our main means of communication.  However, I will keep my schoolnotes page in order to post homework every week as well as any reminders I may need to send to you during our week.  Your child will write down their homework every Monday, but it will be posted on schoolnotes just in case it is forgotten.  I realize this is a big responsibility for 2nd graders so we will have it as a back up when needed.  Once I have all of your emails I will add them to the notification list for schoolnotes.  I will only notify you if there is information you need during the week.  I will not notify you when I update homework on there.  Hopefully you won't need it much for the homework.  The address is:  http://new.schoolnotes.com/.  I hope to keep you informed as much as possible through this blog, but there are times during the week I will need to remind you of something.

Please remember to send in the paperwork that you received on Meet the Teacher night.  Also, another packet of information is coming home this Monday that will need to be filled out as soon as possible.
Please feel free to email me at any time beth.culp@mps.k12.al.us.

We will be taking a baseline assessment test this week in reading.  Your child will not receive a grade on this test.  It is required from downtown as a beginning of the year assessment.  We will spend as much time as we need to on this test.

Also, if your child's transportation changes remember that I have to have something from you in writing. 

We will have small cluster conferences in place of open house this year.  If you didn't sign up for a time to come in during Meet the Teacher night please email me or send me a note as to a good time for you.  I still encourage all of you to come to the PTA Back to School night, we just won't be meeting in our room that night.

Please send in a paper towel roll when you have an empty one.  We are going to be making some items to put in a time capsule this week so every child will need one of these.  It would be great if each child has one by this Friday so we can seal our items up and put them away.

I am looking forward to an amazing first week of 2nd Grade with your child!!
Mrs. Culp

No comments:

Post a Comment